COVID-19: Health And Safety Are Our #1 Concern
Our Hospital Is OPEN and operating with CURBSIDE Service For You And Your Pet!
Due to concerns about the novel coronavirus and related disease (COVID-19), we are taking additional precautionary measures (per the recommendations of the CDC) within the hospital to keep our staff, doctors, animals, clients, and visitors safe, while continuing to provide patient care. We have increased our sanitizing protocols around the hospital for client and staff safety to allow us to remain OPEN.
Our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic.
We are currently offering CURBSIDE ONLY.
Please call the office (845-354-1800) to schedule an appointment at one of our locations. Due to high demand, it is suggested to make your appointments in advance. Emergencies are limited due to doctor availability. We will do our best to find the safest solution for you and your pet.
We are following the below protocols to ensure the safety of our team and our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
PLEASE NOTE: For the protection of our staff, you MUST have a mask on when you are at your car or coming to our door and interacting with our team.
Only hospital personnel will be permitted inside our hospital. Once you have made an appointment:
- Clients should call the office when they arrive. Please remain in your car and let us know the spot number you are in.
- When instructed to do so, clients should step out of their vehicle with their pet. A member of our staff will bring your pet into the hospital. (unless other arrangements have been made or previously approved by a doctor or management). Clients will not be permitted to enter the hospital. Some exceptions such as euthanasia may apply. Please remain in your car and in the parking lot of the hospital. Please do not leave the premise while your pet is in their exam.
- The staff will get a history and the doctor will perform the exam while the client is on the phone. Any treatments will be discussed with the client before they are performed. An estimate can be made if requested.
- Pets will be treated and discharged while the client is on the phone; any medication will be given to the client when the pet is returned to you.
- Clients must provide credit card details over the phone for any necessary payments.
We appreciate and hope that you understand that we are implementing these procedures to protect our team as well as our clients and all of our families safe.
We also are adding the use of telemedicine for clients when possible. This tool will allow us to evaluate patients electronically and prescribe medications you can pick up in clinic. Please call us to see if this option would be a fit for you and your pet’s situation.
Also, for clients who do not want to travel to the clinic please utilize our Hospital’s Online Pharmacy. This can be a great resource to ensure proper social distancing, but still provide the necessary medications and nutritional products.
Thank you for all your dedication and support during these challenging times! Please reach out with any questions.
The Team at Rockland Veterinary